I’ve got the latest version of MySQL installed and running. I’ve spent quite a few hours setting up and configuring my servers. I’ve custom written my firewall scripts and finely tuned them (to the best of my ability) for my setup. They seem to be working well so far so only time will tell.
I plan to bring the frontend servers online this weekend to install, configure and test. I’ll be doing lots of load tests and DDOS’ing my own boxes to see if they can sustain heavy amounts of traffic from around the globe. Will be interesting to see.
I only have one major hurdle on the hardware side of things and that will be enabling the app to scale and fire up additional hardware as needed to service requests. I’ll talk more about this on the weekend.