Today was an exciting day, I launched my first hosting customer. I’ve spent a lot of time over the last 12 months working on my server configurations. Ironically, very little has changed from the original script Hone Watson gave me. I’ve update all the tools to latest versions, made the original script much more modular and made post installation configuration scripts as well.
About 90% of the process is completely automated now. I’ve built firewalls, I’ve created numerous crons, I’ve even written automated lockdown scripts for joomla that detect numerous components and configure ownership and permissions in a best practice manner.
Here’s to the future, may it bring many more clients.